Regulated Business


What happens if the tenant damages the property?

When you’ve opted for a property investment that’s best on letting to generate an income you won’t be asked for any money to fix a leaky tap or unblock a drain. There is a boost fund on each property investment, which is usually 1% of the purchase price per annum (please check each individual investment case as this may vary) and raised in the initial fund amount to cover any unexpected costs.

The boost fund should sufficiently cover any maintenance costs for the full term and is put in place to encourage a consistent yield and to prevent rental income being affected by unforeseen costs.

In the unlikely case that a boost fund is fully used within the term then any smaller costs afterwards would be deducted from the rental income before the remainder is distributed to shareholders. For larger costs, the properties are covered by our own bespoke insurance policy or, if necessary, we can cover any uninsured costs via an interest free loan to the SPV. This means we can replace a roof or repair any malicious damage without a direct cost to the investor. If any of the above does occur, you will be kept informed every step of the way.

Other Renovation & Repair Questions

Who pays for the renovation?
Return to FAQs

Joint Venture
Property Investments

Investing in JaeVee involves risk, including loss of capital and illiquidity and it should be done only as part of a diversified portfolio. Investments made through JaeVee are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Please read our full risk warning before deciding to invest.

Capital at risk. Read more.